Studio Code of Behavior
- The lobby is a “quiet area”. Please keep noise levels to a minimum at all times. If you make a mess, CLEAN IT UP. Please no playing in the dressing rooms.
- Students are asked to arrive on time for class. This will ensure that class is not disrupted by a late arrival and also will ensure students a proper warm up for their scheduled class.
- Students should be respectful of their teacher and fellow students and realize that they are there to learn. Understand that corrections made by the teacher are constructive and are meant to be helpful. If someone is being corrected students are asked to listen and watch.
- Students are asked to come to class in proper attire as made clear in the “Dress Code” handout. Correct attire allows the teacher to view a student’s body alignment accurately. For this reason, loose fitting clothing such as pants and baggy t-shirts are not allowed.
- Students are asked to wear their hair pulled back in a ponytail for all classes excluding ballet. Hair for ballet is to be worn in a secure bun; no exceptions.
- Please no food or gum in the studios. Only water is allowed in the studios.
- No cell phones are allowed in the studio. If you leave your cell phone in the lobby area; please silence it.
- Please do not drop your dancers at the studio more than 15 minutes before class and please return promptly for pick up at the end of class. We do not have staff to watch children that are dropped off early or picked up late.
Dress code guidelines will be given out at registration. Please be advised that any student not dressed in proper attire will be asked to sit out of class for that day.
Registration & Tuition
A $35.00 fee for each student or $40.00 per family is required with the registration form in order to reserve a space in a given class. All registration fees must be paid in full at the time of registration and are non-refundable. Registration is not considered complete and class space is not reserved until the registration fee and first month’s tuition are paid in full. Tuition is paid in ten installments that are due the 1st day of each month from September-June. Tuition is based on a yearly rate wherein approximately 35 lessons are included in your yearly tuition. Please note that some months have three classes while other months have five classes; however monthly payment installments remain the same throughout the year. We do not prorate tuition for any reason. Holidays and closures are already calculated into your ten payments. Cancellations for weather are not included- students are encouraged to take a makeup class for any weather related closures. You can find out about makeup classes by contacting the office.
- All payments are non-refundable and non-transferable. These payments are due on the first of each month.
- There is a returned check fee of $25.00.
- All late tuition payments receive a $5.00 late fee for each week tuition surpasses 7 days past due. If tuition payments exceed 21 days past due, your child will not be permitted to attend class until payments are brought up to date.
- All classes will have two class meetings in June. The remainder of tuition is used to help cover recital costs. We will remain open June 12th-15th to ensure all weekdays get 2 classes.
Class placement is based on age as of September 1st. If at any time the studio owner/teacher feels that a student has been placed incorrectly, they will be moved into the appropriate class. *Placement in classes may not always follow above guidelines; all placement is at discretion of teacher.
- Little Movers: 18 - 24 Months
- Baby Dance: 2.5 - 3
- Pre School 1: 3.5 - 4
- Pre School 2: 4.5 - 5
- KinderCombo: 5.5 - 6.5
- Pre-Levels: 7-9
- Recreational: 9.5-12
- Teen: 13+
- Dance Company Classes: Please contact our office for schedule
Right to Cancel
Encore Dance Academy reserves the right to cancel a class due to low enrollment. In this event, another class will be suggested. If you are unable to continue in the new class and withdraw, any unused tuition will be refunded.
Recital and Costumes
Costume payments are completed in two payments due Oct 1st and Nov 1st. We cannot order a costume for your child until the first payment is received. Costume payments are non-refundable. In the case of a withdrawal from class the costume can be picked up within 2 weeks of arrival; after which point the costume becomes property of Encore Dance Academy. Alterations are not the studio responsibility. Anyone on automatic payment of credit card for monthly tuition will also have their card debited for costumes when applicable.
Baby Dance - Kinder Combo & Kids Hip Hop 5/6..........................$75.00
Pre-Dance/Kids Hip Hop 7/8/Recreational/Teen............................ $85.00
The price of your costume also includes packaging and a pair of tights for the recital. We only order the highest quality costumes that never disappoint!
An effort is made to minimize the number of shows a single family performs in, it is not always possible to put all family members in one show. Therefore, please expect that if you have multiple children or if you are in multiple classes- your child or children will be in different shows.
Closings and Attendance
Please call the studio if you are going to be late or absent from class. Coming in to watch class is encouraged if you are feeling well enough to attend. Ask for available make up class list.
Snow/ Other inclement weather
The studio will close in the event that Reading Schools cancel due to snow or any other type of inclement weather. No refunds will be given in the event of snow or other inclement weather.
Sometimes it is inevitable that the studio will close due to scheduling conflicts with competitions or conventions. Also sometimes due to student illness one cannot attend class. To make up your missed classes due to these circumstances you will be given another time to attend a similar class during the week.
Make Up Classes
Make up classes are available in the event of a class cancellation or sick day. They are not mandatory, but are made available for your convenience. All make-ups must be made within two weeks of a missed class. Please notify the office if you will be attending a makeup class.